YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, February 3, 2013

40s Vintage Hawaii Nursery

Aloha!

For date night this week, my sweet sweet boyfriend bought me my FAVORITE movie of all time, Pearl Harbor. I used to own it (VHS and DVD), but somewhere in the college process a roommate made off with 1 of the 2 discs making it impossible to watch. boo.
I love this movie for a variety of reasons:

1. I am kinda a history geek. I love it, can't get enough of it. Especially WW2 history, ah! #nerd

2. Kate Beckinsale kills it.

3. Red lips and pin curls are tots in right now (as it should be).

4. My dream vacation spot is.... you guessed it, HAWAII!!!

It had been a while since I had last seen the movie, and I was ever so pleased to enjoy it with Stefan. However....

I get a little crazy. Not too far into the movie, I was already cursing 2013 and pretty much every year all the way back to..ehh the 50s-60s.. but really the 30s-40s is where my heart is. I cant help it! I love the way of life, the style, the history, etc. Some say that it is naive of me because "the grass is always greener", but I just always feel so inspired by it. Sue me :)

All of that to say... I was inspired by the time period, the war, vintage hawaii, etc to make this hip nursery board. Enjoy!!

I do not own the photos above.

Until next time,

Dru

No comments:

Post a Comment